Information regarding whether the Jidai Matsuri Festival Procession will be held, will be available on this page at 7:00 am Sunday, Oct 22. (In case of rain, postponed to the next day, Oct 23)
- Reserved seats to watch the procession are on sale:
The tickets are also sold at the Kyoto Tourist Information Center (Kyo Navi).
- Traffic around the procession course of the Jidai Matsuri Festival will be restricted on Oct 22 (Oct 23 if it rains on Oct 22):
- Please make use of public transport (especially subway) to come to the Jidai Matsuri Festival.
- Please follow police instructions to prevent accidents.
- To exit from Kyoto Gyoen National Garden, walk west to Shimodachiuri-gate (Karasuma-dori Street) after the parade to avoid crowds at Sakaimachi gate (Marutamachi-dori Street).
◎For more information about the Jidai Matsuri Festival, refer to the website below:
＜The Route Map of the Procession＞
Photo by TORU MIYAKE