There have been a variety of problems concerning the use of fireworks, including individuals lighting fireworks late at night, fireworks producing loud noise, and bottle rockets flying into nearby neighborhoods.
The use of the following fireworks is restricted in the City of Kyoto:
- Rockets and other fireworks that fly into the air.
- Skyrockets and other fireworks that are launched into the air.
- Firecrackers and other fireworks that produce loud noise.
- Kamo-gawa River (Takahashi Area to Kyoto Minami Ohashi Bridge Area)
- Takano-gawa River (Umabashi Area to the Kamo-gawa River Junction)