Kyoto Museum of Traditional Crafts "FUREAIKAN" is a meeting place of industry, culture, and people where the traditional techniques that created the beauty of Kyoto connect with the world.
The entire image of the traditional industry of Kyoto can be seen and understood here.
In permanent exhibition, the diverse crafts and skills are explained and introduced through panel displays, illustrations, and artifacts. In the experience corner, you can try your hand at creating an original work using the technique of Surigata Yuzen dyeing.
The museum shop sells a range of goods made by traditional craft techniques. These are suitable for memories and souvenirs of your visit to Kyoto.
* Address: 9-1, Seishoji-cho, Okazaki, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City, 606-8343 (Miyakomesse B1F)
* Tel.: +81-(0)75-762-2670
* Fax.: +81-(0)75-761-7121
* Access: 1-minute walk from City Bus Stop "Kyoto Hall, Municipal Museum of Art"
10-minute walk from Higashiyama Station on the subway Tozai Line
* Parking: 500 yen / First 60 minutes, 200 yen / per 30 minutes
* Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (Admission until 16:30)
* Closed: Dec.29 - Jan.3 and 2days in the middle of August
* Entrance Fees: Free
* Website: http://www.miyakomesse.jp/fureaika/index_eng.php