Kyoto Museum of Traditional Crafts FUREAIKAN is a meeting place of industry, culture, and people where the traditional techniques that created the beauty of Kyoto connect with the world.
The entire image of the traditional Kyoto industries can be seen and understood here.
In permanent exhibition, diverse crafts and skills are explained and introduced through panel displays, illustrations and artifacts. In the experience corner, you can try your hand at creating an original work using the technique of surigata-yuzen dyeing.
The museum shop sells a range of goods made by traditional craft techniques. These are suitable for memories and souvenirs of your visit to Kyoto.
* Address: 9-1, Seishoji-cho, Okazaki, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City, 606-8343 (Miyakomesse B1F)
* Tel.: +81-(0)75-762-2670
* Fax.: +81-(0)75-761-7121
* Access: 1-minute walk from City Bus Stop "Bijutsukan,Heian jingu-mae"
10-minute walk from Higashiyama Station on the subway Tozai Line
* Parking: 500 yen / First 60 minutes, 200 yen / per 30 minutes
* Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (Admission until 16:30)
* Closed: Dec 29 – Jan 3 and 2 days in the middle of August
* Entrance Fee: Free
* Website: http://www.miyakomesse.jp/fureaika/index_eng.php