Sacred bamboo branches that act as charms for prosperity in business and in one’s family fortunes will be available, and traditional music and dance performances will be held all night, in dedication to the deity of the shrine.
- Jan 8: Shofuku-sai (“Inviting Good Fortune”) Festival (Gate closes at 11 p.m.)
Actresses from the Toei Company will visit the shrine by palanquin (Beginning at 10:00 a.m.), a Yutate Kagura purification ritual with boiling water will be performed (Beginning at 2:00 p.m.), and a mochi-making ceremony will be held (Beginning at 2:30 p.m.)
- Jan 9 : Evening Ebisu Festival (Gate will remain open throughout the night)
Actresses from the Toei Company will visit the shrine by palanquin (Beginning at 10:00 a.m.)
- Jan 10: Ebisu Festival of the 10th Day of the New Year (Gate will remain open throughout the night)
Bamboo charms will be distributed by actresses from the Toei Film Company from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Jan 11: Nokorifuku-sai (“Good Fortune Remains”) Festival (Gate will close at midnight)
Bamboo charms and mochi will be distributed by maiko from Miyagawa-cho and Gion for good fortune: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Jan 12: Teppuku-sai (“Good Fortune Withdraws”) Festival (Gate will close at 10:00 p.m.)
January 8 (Tue) – 12 (Sat), 2019
From Subway Karasuma Line Shijo Station, take City Bus 207 to “Shijo Keihan-mae” bus stop
Free within the shrine grounds