Kyoto Aquarium recreates the connection of life from the source of Kyoto’s rivers to the sea and the ecosystems where numerous life forms co-exist.
Furthermore, in addition to offering exhibits, it regularly holds interactive events where visitors can have fun while learning about aquatic life, as well as presentations by specialist aquarium keepers.
It aspires to be a comprehensive “edutainment*-oriented aquarium” where children living in Kyoto can learn about and interact with water resources and aquatic life.
*Edutainment is a combination of “education” and “entertainment.”
*Address: 35-1 Kankijicho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto City, 600-8835
(inside Umekoji Park)
*Access: 15-minute walk from Kyoto Station
15-minute walk from Tambaguchi Station on the JR San-in Line.
3-minute walk from City Bus Stop “Nanajo Omiya/KYOTO AQUARIUM”
* Entrance Fees: Adults: 2,050yen, University and High School Student: 1,550yen, Junior High School and Elementary School Student:1,000yen,Child(3 and over):600yen
* Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
* Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (Admission until 16:00)（Subject to change by season）
* Closed: None (open 365 days a year)
（*Subject to temporary closures for facility inspections.）
* Website： http://www.kyoto-aquarium.com/en/